3 Must-Haves for Secure, Productive Remote Work
Categories: Case Studies & Projects, Security
Remote work is here to stay. Are you doing it right?
By having your team work from home you can save money and improve productivity, but it must be done with IT computer security at the forefront.
- 54% of businesses expect to adopt remote work as a permanent option1
- 98% of businesses predict that meetings will have at least one remote worker2
- $11K is how much companies can save annually for each employee that works remotely half-time3
How to make sure your remote office is secure
Put It Security First
54% of IT professionals think that remote workers are a greater security risk4
Remote work comes with its own security risks.
Remote workers rely on personal computers, routers and mobile devices that can be difficult to manage and secure. You need a security solutions that:
- Provide flexible cloud-delivered security
- Protect data by verifying the identity of users, devices and applications
- Detects and blocks cyberattacks from email.
Make remote meetings better than in-person meetings
77% of remote workers report being more productive yet 20% identify communication as a key obstacle5
We’ve all sat through horrible video conferences: the log-in issues, connection drop outs, audio problems, or pixelated video.
And then the meeting ends and… who has the notes? The slides? The related documents? Make it easy for team members to meet, collaborate and share with a virtual workspace that captures all of the interactions and information about a project. You need a solution that:
- Offers secure exchange of messages and files, across devices
- Makes it easy to search for conversations and documents
- Allows you to privately message one person or create a group chat in seconds.
Simplify, simplify, simplify
Businesses use over 50 cybersecurity tools on average6
If you don’t have a large IT team, you may be worried that getting your remote workforce connected securely might be complicated. But it doesn’t have to be. To reduce IT complexity, you need a solution that:
- Can integrate meetings, calling and security
- Is cloud-based and easy for employees to deploy without onsite IT
- Is simple to manage
- Offers financial flexibility, with pay-as-you-need pricing options
Iteam Consulting offer flexible and secure working from home solutions, backed by industry leader Cisco.
You can get started quickly with our Secure Remote Work package that combines both security and collaboration.
Enjoy seamless video conferencing, messaging, file sharing and white boarding capabilities plus security solutions to protect users, devices, data, email and more.
Secure Remote Work is easy to deploy and use—even without a big in-house team.
1 Source: “COVID-19 CFO Pulse Survey” by PwC
2 Source: “The Rise of the Hybrid Workplace” Survey by Dimensional Research
3 Source: https://globalworkplaceanalytics.com/telecommuting-statistics
4 & 5 Source: review42.com
6 Source: https://biztechmagazine.com/article/2019/03/rsa-2019-most-organizations-use-too-many-cybersecurity-tools
© 2020 Cisco Affiliates. All rights reserved. (1110R)
Comments are closed.